Safety & Environment Section Head
UAE » Abu Dhabi
PURPOSE OF JOB• Plans, directs and supervises the activities of the Safety & Environment Section.• Develops plans and directs Safety, Health, Environmental and Loss control programs of the plant.• Provides professional advice and assistance to Plant Departments on Safety, Health, Environment and Fire prevention.• Conducts Hazard identification programs, reviews new project designs and plant modifications and recommends adequate protective measures to eliminate accidents, health & safety and environment hazards.• Sets procedures for protection of personnel, assets and environment.MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS• B.Sc. in Chemical engineering or equivalent. A professional qualification certification in HSE is preferable.
• 10 years’ experience in various aspects of safety and environment, preferably in an oil refinery or petrochemical plant, of which at least 5 years should have been in a supervisory level.
• Excellent knowledge of international and local HSEF legislation and regulations. Has HSE impact expertise and the ability to assess and plan the mitigation of negative factors.
• Management and Planning skills.
• Project Management ability.
• Excellent communication, leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Computer literate.
• Quick and sound decision making and judgment.
• Audit/assessment skills using auditing management systems.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Able to lead and consolidate a pro-active HSEF culture within organizations.
• Proven ability to educate and motivate.
• Data analysis and report writing skills.
• UAE Driving License is preferable.
• Very good oral and written English. Knowledge of Arabic is preferable.